Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Smart Move


Mingo Makes a Tackle


I love this story from Akron Beacon Journal about incoming frosh Jeremy Mingo.
It's a great example of how one student expanded his horizons and it paid off.

Here's a key paragraph:

''Actually, what happened was that at the end of my junior year, Columbia sent me a mailer,'' Mingo said. ''I was like, 'What! No way. Columbia?' And I just threw it in the corner of my room.''

I wonder how many other potential recruits do the same thing and never reconsider coming to an Ivy. It's probably too many.

Here's my message to all the decent student athletes out there:

Ivy League football is real football, and Ivy League colleges are real colleges. I'm not sure a lot of the big-time BCS programs can really say that.

2 Comments:

At Thu Feb 11, 04:10:00 AM GMT+7, Anonymous Anonymous said...

If he really does a 4.49 40 he may be the fastest guy on the team, if not in the league. That's a good time for an NFL corner.

 
At Thu Feb 11, 09:27:00 PM GMT+7, Anonymous Anonymous said...

this is a plea to my fellow Lions--it is really getting boring around this time of year. Can't we start a few new topics? Like: who will have break-out years? Which first years are impact guys? Are we going to change any schemes? Why can't we go all the way next Fall (I think we can), etc.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home