Thursday, April 15, 2010

Wednesday Briefs


Matthew Fox

Current Lost star and former Columbia Lion starter at wide receiver Matthew Fox '89 is in the news again these days.

In his latest interview, he mentions his... er, social life at Columbia.

I ain't saying nothing about that...




John DeFilippo


Former Columbia assistant coach John DeFilippo has moved from QB coach of the New York Jets to QB coach at San Jose State. I wonder if this move is John's way of trying to get a head coaching job at the college level. Everyone I know who was recruited by DeFilippo during his brief time at Columbia thinks he is an absolute prince of a guy. Good luck to him!



Tyler Feely


When it was reported that Tyler Feely was coming to Columbia, I made the point that it might be fun to see his brother Jay Feely at Lions games. That's not so likely anymore now that Jay has left the Jets and is signing with the Cardinals. So much for an upgrade on my very bad NY Jets season tickets.

4 Comments:

At Thu Apr 15, 08:17:00 PM GMT+7, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Has the football blog been abandoned? If so, my guess is that it was nixed by the coaches as too much of a distraction. Too bad, it was very enjoyable for us Lion fans. Any thoughts, anyone?

 
At Thu Apr 15, 11:15:00 PM GMT+7, Blogger Jake said...

No, I think it was just technical difficulties. I expect another one soon.

 
At Fri Apr 16, 12:18:00 AM GMT+7, Anonymous Anonymous said...

It's scheduled to be back Fri., April 16 4:15
http://www.gocolumbialions.com/ViewArticle.dbml?DB_OEM_ID=9600&ATCLID=204929284

 
At Fri Apr 16, 07:45:00 PM GMT+7, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Players weren't even aware of it the first week. My son didn't know it was happening until I asked him about it. His comment, a si and "great".

Groth's Dad

 

Post a Comment

<< Home