Tuesday, March 03, 2009

Stan Waldbaum Update

A loyal reader tells me that the Stanley Waldbaum who wrote the piece I profiled last week is indeed an attorney in Westchester County. He also tells me that Mr. Waldbaum remains a very solid Columbia sports fan and he is present at many football and basketball games every season.

I hope someone tells him that we appreciate his work, even after all these years.



Dartmouth's Next Prez has Football Experience

Big Green Man on Campus

Dartmouth has named Dr. Jim Young Kim as its next president. Among other things, Kim started at QB for his high school football team!

6 Comments:

At Tue Mar 03, 07:09:00 AM GMT+7, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Jake, I hardly deserve the honor of being mentioned on your blog, which I do read every day and enjoy immensely. Only the Columbia players and coaches deserve the publicity. However, I was very fortunate indeed to be the Sports Editor of the Columbia Daily Spectator in 1961 when Columbia won its only Ivy League Football Championship. That was a great football team, and I cherish the memories. However, nothing would make me happier than to see this year's Columbia Football Team, under Coach Wilson, emulate the success of the 1961 Championship Team and bring another Ivy League Title to Columbia.

All Best Wishes.

Stan Waldbaum '62, Spring Valley New York

 
At Wed Mar 04, 02:21:00 AM GMT+7, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Jake, have you caught Asia sunset's analysis of the Penn class on voyforums? How does he know so much about Penn football?

 
At Wed Mar 04, 04:11:00 AM GMT+7, Blogger Jake said...

He's a well-connected alum who has a decent relationship with some Penn coaches and athletic dept. administrators. He's doing something that I'm holding off on doing - rating the recruits, at least in a way. I try to say that every recruit looks good for one reason or another, but I've long abandoned stacking them up against each other.

 
At Wed Mar 04, 12:49:00 PM GMT+7, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Right on, Jake.

 
At Wed Mar 04, 12:52:00 PM GMT+7, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Asia is not only a Penn devotee, but also a friend of Columbia fans who has alerted us to many recruits.

 
At Thu Mar 05, 03:40:00 AM GMT+7, Anonymous Anonymous said...

His knowledge is incredible. Asia is an encyclopedia of Penn football. He must be Bags' cousin.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home