Sunday, September 14, 2008

Upon Further Review...


Skelton actually had a bang-up day... except for a big fumble (CREDIT: Fordham Athletics)

Now that I've had a chance to really comb through the Fordham-Dayton stats, I want to correct a mistake I made in the previous post about Ram QB John Skelton on 3rd down.

While I listened to the game yesterday, it seemed that he threw tons of incomplete passes in key situations. But it turns out he was an incredible 10-for-12 on 3rd down for 91 yards and 8 first downs. His yards per attempt on 3rd down was 7.58! Most of his key 3rd down passes went to David Moore and Asa Lucas for between 7-15 yards, so I expect Columbia's linebackers and safeties to be busy this Saturday.

The more I look at it, the more it becomes clear that Fordham beat themselves with turnovers at the worst moments. To be completely fair, the Rams got a gift TD of their own after the Dayton punter tried to take a safety and ended up giving Fordam the ball on the Flyer one because he intentionally kicked the ball out of his own end zone.

But overall, a little more mental discipline would have sealed this one for the Rams.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home