Friday, September 21, 2007

Ivy Game Predictions


Harvard Stadium goes under the lights for the first time tomorrow night



Last week I went a decent 5-2 in my predictions for all the non-Columbia Ivy games. I would say I'm most proud of my prediction that Holy Cross would beat Harvard by "three or four," when in fact the Crusaders did win 31-28.

Colgate's incredible comeback from 28-0 down killed my chances for a 6-1 day, and Princeton laid an egg in their opener against Lehigh when I thought they would look sharp.

Now on to this week's games:

Dartmouth at University of New Hampshire

Wow UNH is good. I can't think of anything smarter to write about them. They can really score and they will on Saturday. I'd like to see Dartmouth put up a big fight, but I don't see it. UNH by 21.



Cornell at Yale

This is a toughie. Cornell looked so good in their 38-14 rout of Bucknell and Yale got a bit of a scare against Georgetown. I think this could be one of the best Ivy games of the year, and Yale will win by two or three.



Penn at Villanova

Penn may have to play this entire game without #1 star Joe Sandberg at running back. Even if he plays, he won't be at 100%. Villanova by eight.



Princeton at Lafayette

Princeton brings some better matchups to the table vs. Lafayette than Penn did last week, but not enough. Lafayette by a touchdown.


Brown at Harvard

Harvard is heavily favored, but I'm not really sure why. The Crimson defense is unproven this year. I expect a high-scoring game. Harvard by four.

2 Comments:

At Fri Sep 21, 08:56:00 PM GMT+7, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Here is a theological question directed to traditional but non-Orthodox Jewish fans of Columbia football. Is there a talmudic interpretation which would permit attendance at the Marist game, provided that it is preceeded by attendance at religious services and with the further proviso that those of us who fast would continue to observe the fast until sundown?

 
At Sat Sep 22, 02:35:00 AM GMT+7, Blogger Green Bolshevik said...

Here's my take on Saturday's action:

Yale -6.5 over Cornell

Brown +11 over Harvard
(Crimson's OL still shakey)

Lafayette -7 over Princeton
(not enough Tiger in the Tank)

Villanova -8.5 over Penn

Green +23 over NHU
(Dartmouth showed some gut check last week against Colgate--hard to give up 23 pts here)

Columbia -13 over Marist
(this maybe too much to give Marist, especially if Wilson subs a lot in the 4th QT.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home