Thursday, September 20, 2007

Halftime Interview: Don Jackson!


The Columbia Logo, Circa 1971


Last weekend I was lucky enough to get Columbia Atheltics Director Diane Murphy as my first halftime guest.

This week I dig into the great Columbia football past and I will interview Don Jackson '73, who quarterbacked the '70, '71 and '72 Lions. These were some of the most exciting times for grid action at Baker Field and throughout the Ivy League in general.

Who can forget the '71 Lions, the original "Kardiac Kids?" Who can forget the games they played against greats like Ed Marinaro and the top 10 nationally-ranked Dartmouth Indians?

Jackson will hopefully be just the first of the Columbia greats I'll speak to during the games as the season progresses.

Do you need any more reason to listen to the game on GoColumbiaLions.com?

I think not.

And while you're at it, sign up for the video package as well. Why just listen when you can see the action too?

1 Comments:

At Fri Sep 21, 02:33:00 AM GMT+7, Blogger dabull said...

Jake, I really enjoyed the interview with Dr. Murphy. She seems to have great leadership skills and seems confident about how to get our athletic programs to the forefront of the Ivy League. Sharp as a razor.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home