Monday, July 23, 2007

The Good Doctors


Dr. Trowbridge works on a patient (CREDIT: Danbury News Times)

Three-time letterwinner and former assistant coach Randy Trowbridge '76 is featured in this article about his late entry into the world of medicine and all the hard work and waiting he endured to get there.



Columbia's players, and their parents, trust Dr. Levine (CREDIT: Columbia Orthopaedics)

Speaking of doctors and Columbia football, I keep hearing great things about Columbia football's chief team physician, William Levine.

It can't be easy to serve all the different masters a collegiate sports team doctor must face. At least in the pros, the subjects are older and are usually getting paid so much that most bad situations aren't the worst of cases. Dr. Levine is beginning his tenth year in this most demanding of jobs.

BBQ Roundup

I didn't end up recoginizing any alumni at yesterday's alumni association barbeque on South Field. But it was really a blast, as the organizers really made it a great event for children. My daughter really, really, really did not want to leave when it was over. And I was overjoyed to have been fed and given three-and-a-half hours of entertainment for my four-year-old for $10. I got a nifty baseball cap too!

I did see a good number of current members of the basketball team helping out at the event, including Kevin Bulger, Patrick Foley, and Michael Gately. They were all very nice.

2 Comments:

At Tue Jul 24, 03:38:00 AM GMT+7, Blogger dabull said...

I hope the good doctor has Mr. Hormann on the fast track to being fully mended.

 
At Tue Jul 24, 03:41:00 AM GMT+7, Blogger Unknown said...

dabull:

I heard at the alumni BBQ this weekend that Hormann is a regular sight on campus this summer, especially in the weight room. Whatever work Craig needs to do to get ready I'm confident that he's doing.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home