Friday, November 05, 2010

Week 8 Picks




The Columbia game notes for the week eight game at Harvard are out.


Mike Muston returns to the list as one starting WR, but we still are without Ian Quirk. Xander Frantz gets the start at RG.



I’ve had two strong weeks in a row with my picks and I’m going for three!

Let’s look back at last week first.


Princeton -1 at Cornell

Jake Said: “I have to go with the home team here and predict a win for the Big Red.”

Result: Cornell won by 2. 1-0 overall, 1-0 Against the Spread.



Harvard -1 ½ at Dartmouth


Jake Said: “… I think Harvard is really gearing up for a strong stretch run. The Crimson win and cover.”

Result: Harvard easily beat the Big Green by a 30-14 score. 2-0, 2-0 ATS.



Brown +7 ½ at Penn

Jake Said: “Can the Bears beat or keep it close against the Quakers without their best QB? I don’t think so. Penn should cover.”

Result: The Quakes won by 17. 3-0, 3-0 ATS.



So, with three weeks to go, I am 25-10 and 24-11 ATS.


Now for this week…


Dartmouth -10 at Cornell

I like the Big Green here. With their running game and decent pass rush, Cornell should get badly beaten. Take Dartmouth and give the points.


Yale +5 at Brown

I like Brown to win this game, but I think the five point spread is too much. The Elis have a good track record in Providence lately. Yale covers.


Penn -17 ½ at Princeton

Forget the home field advantage. The Tigers are just without a prayer of making it close against Penn. The good news is that that Quakers should pull their starters relatively early as they prepare for Harvard.


THANKS!!!

Visits to this blog were up 19.6% in October, year-over-year.

Thanks for visiting!

3 Comments:

At Fri Nov 05, 10:31:00 PM GMT+7, Blogger Gym Ratt said...

I was 4-0 (ATS) last week though I would gladly accept 3-1 if I had been wrong about Columbia. Last week was tough and most games were decided by a point or two (ATS). This week is no different with the spread in double digits in 3 of the 4 games.

I too like Dartmouth -10 over Cornell. DC has played decent all season.

I like Brown -5 over Yale.

The latest line on the Penn/Princeton game is -19. That's a lot of points to give anyone so I'll take them and the Tigers.

Harvard/Columbia should be a hell of a game. I think Columbia will play it close and may even win so I'm taking them and +11.

Good luck and Go Lions!

 
At Fri Nov 05, 11:29:00 PM GMT+7, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Xander Frantz played the entire Penn game, and the second half of the Yale game, filling in for an injured Ian Quirk, and played very well. Get well quickly Ian, keep up the good work Xander!

 
At Sat Nov 06, 04:27:00 AM GMT+7, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Several first years have made the two deep. Go Lions!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home