A Jersey Score!
Okay, Chris Alston is actually from the D.C.-area, but he's done the last two seasons at the Hun School in Princeton after starting at Georgetown Prep in Washington.
Hun is a well-known athletic and academic "brush up" school where lots of very good Ivy athletes honed their skills and GPA's.
You can see Alston's highlight video here. I can't find his senior year stats, but we know Alston's junior year numbers were pretty good, with 400+ yards receiving and three INT's at corner. Hun went 4-4 in 2009 with wins over Peddie, Blair Academy, Lawrenceville and Mercersburg Academy.
Alston seems like a blue chip recruit, at least as far as the Ivies go. He's a CB/WR who was recruited by a number of FBS schools. What's interesting is that the online recruiting sites never listed Ivy or even Patriot League schools as recruiting him. The closest schools to Ivies on his college list online were Rice and Vanderbilt.
I'm not 100% sure, but it looks like Hun hasn't sent a player to Columbia football in many decades. I will confirm that in the coming days.
Alston's best "gamer" performance was probably the 13-10 Hun win over rival Peddie in October. Alston clinched the game with an onsides kick recovery and then caught the winning touchdown of the game. You can see the highlight reel of those final minutes against Peddie here.
Updated Unofficial List of Incoming Columbia Football Frosh
1. Chris Alston CB/WR 6-2 190 lbs. The Hun School (Princeton, NJ)
2. Joey Andrada WR 6-3 190 lbs. Piedmont HS (Piedmont, CA)
3. Marquel Carter QB/DB 6-0 200 lbs. Culver City Senior High School (Culver City, CA)
4. Hunter Coleman TE/OL 6-4 230 lbs. Loyola Prep (Shreveport, LA)
5. Paul Delaney P 6-3 200 lbs. Loyola (Palatine, IL)
6. Duncan Dickerson OL/LS 6-2 245 lbs. Cypress Falls HS (Houston, TX)
7. Lou DiNovo WR 6-0 185 lbs. LaSalle Institute (Albany, NY)
8. Mike DiTommaso CB 6-0 185 lbs. Seton Hall Prep (West Orange, NJ)
9. Brian East LB 6-3 205 lbs. Carmel HS (Carmel, IN)
10. Luke Eddy K 6-2 200 lbs. Worcester Academy (Worcester, MA)
11. Tyler Feely K/P 6-0 155 lbs. Jesuit HS (Tampa, FL)
12. Hamilton Garner TE 6-5 230 lbs. Duluth HS (Duluth, GA)
13. Marcorus Garrett RB 5-10 177 lbs. Pope High School (Marietta, GA)
14. Joe Ghergurovich OL 6-3 245 lbs. Glastonbury HS (Glastonbury, CT)
15. Bruce Grant WR 6-0 175 lbs. Fordham Prep (Bronx, NY)
16. Eddie Hitchcock LB/FB 6-0 200 lbs. Cretin-Derham Hall HS (St. Paul, MN)
17. Tyler Kirkland WR/DB 6-0 180 lbs. Lake Highland Prep (Orlando, FL)
18. Dylan Leonard OL 6-3 281 lbs. Ola High School (McDonough, GA)
19. Brad Losee DE/TE 6-4 235 lbs. Eastview HS (Apple Valley, MN)
20. Griffin Lowry RB 6-0 215 lbs. University HS (St. Louis, MO)
21. Mark McClain WR/S 6-2 195 lbs. Upper Arlington (Upper Arlington, OH)
22. Zack McKown TE/LB 6-3 220 lbs. Fork Union Military Academy (Fork Union, VA)
23. Nick Melka DE 6-2 230 lbs. Benet Academy (Lisle, IL)
24. Jeremy Mingo WR/CB 6-0 180 lbs. Firestone HS (Akron, OH)
25. Chris Mooney TE 6-3 230 lbs. Walton HS (Marietta, GA)
26. Joe Raimondi OL/DL 6-4 255 lbs. Hampton HS (Allison Park, PA)
27. Chris Rapka QB 6-3 200 lbs. Cardinal Gibbons HS (Ft. Lauderdale, FL)
28. Maurice Rothschild CB 5-10 165 lbs. Warren Eastern HS (New Orleans, LA)
29. James Valerias WR 6-1 185 lbs. Gonzaga College HS (Washington, DC)
30. Sam Williams RB 5-10 175 lbs. Baylor HS (Chattanooga, TN)