Thursday, December 10, 2009

First Campbell Trophy Awarded


The Coach


I like working in TV.

I mean, if I were working in a dark law office somewhere like most of my classmates I never would have just bumped into Dennis Rodman in the FOX lobby yesterday.

Meeting a few Victoria's Secret models in the green room, (I just HAPPENED to be there that day to get some napkins), earlier this week was nice too.

But it was really great just a few minutes ago as I just happened to spot Columbia great Bill Campbell after he taped a segment for the "Scoreboard" show on FOX Business, (airing at 7pm Eastern Time).

Bill remembered me from our interview during halftime of the Brown game just a couple of weeks ago and told me how much he enjoyed doing it.

So, I'm feeling good right about now.

Also feeling good, or at least a little better after losing to Alabama on Saturday, is Tim Tebow as he is the inaugural winner of the William V. Campbell Trophy given by the National Football Foundation to the top scholar-athlete in the United States.

It's so obvious that the NFF made a great choice in renaming the Draddy Trophy for one of the most successful former college football athletes of all time.

2 Comments:

At Thu Dec 10, 05:06:00 AM GMT+7, Anonymous Anonymous said...

You're a rock star Jake.
Keep up the good work for the Lions.

 
At Thu Dec 10, 06:51:00 AM GMT+7, Blogger Michael Rubin said...

Bill is one of the nicest guys I've ever met. I met him back in 1988 at a NY Mac User's Group meeting when he was running Claris.

I told him I was at Columbia and wanted a job. He gave me his card and said call him when I graduated. He was gone from Claris by the time I graduated.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home