Wednesday, June 11, 2008

Farewell to "The Todd"


The media guides were Todd's handiwork


A very important name in Columbia football for the last 14 years is leaving Morningside Heights. It's associate athletics director Todd Kennedy. Todd is moving on to a new job as senior editor of corporate communications for Citigroup.

If you've come to enjoy and rely on the stories about Columbia games on the athletics website, or all the great stuff that appears every year in the football media guide, then you have Todd Kennedy to thank.

Todd worked under three different head coaches, two different athletic directors, and wrote and researched well over 500 different football players in that time. He came to Columbia in 1994, the beginning of the best 3-year period in Lions football in more than a generation. The following 11 years weren't always so rosy, but Todd handled things really well every time.

Todd is being replaced by Darlene Camacho, a very familiar and friendly face at Baker Field. I believe I first met Darelene in the press box back in 1991... but my memory is hazy sometimes from those days, (I was a college student then after all).

*UPDATE: I have now been informed that Darlene was not at Columbia in 1991. Like I said, my college years are kind of hazy.

Please join me in saying a fond farewell to Todd and a warm congratulations to Darlene.

5 Comments:

At Wed Jun 11, 11:01:00 PM GMT+7, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Todd is/was awesome. He'll be missed

 
At Wed Jun 11, 11:24:00 PM GMT+7, Anonymous Anonymous said...

He responded promptly, directly to my e-mails for which I was grateful.

 
At Thu Jun 12, 12:10:00 AM GMT+7, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I was about to send him an e-mail.
Instead I'll just say Thanks and Good Luck.

 
At Thu Jun 12, 03:16:00 AM GMT+7, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I know this is old, but I just came across it and thought you might find it interesting, Jake. (Other readers too of course)

http://www.i-aa.org/article.asp?articleid=80942

 
At Thu Jun 12, 04:36:00 AM GMT+7, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good article. I particularly liked his summary of pre-game events.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home