Thursday, August 02, 2007

Call for Questions!


The Yale golf course, my handicap is 583, give or take 15 strokes

The big Ivy League coaches golf retreat/newsconference at Yale is just 4 days away, and I'm going to be there. I have lots of questions for Coach Wilson and his colleagues, but I'd like to hear what some of you would ask him if you could. The day I start to think I know better than all the other fans out there is the day I should really stop doing this.

Of course, I can't promise I will ask your questions. But I will consider each one and do my best to pose them to the coaches if I get a chance. Think of it as my version of the YouTube debate, without all the horrible candidates from both parties who want to be president.

Please post your questions in the comments section.

8 Comments:

At Fri Aug 03, 08:16:00 AM GMT+7, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I would respectfully ask Coach Wilson how he intends to make the offense more productive this year. Also, I would be interested in knowing what his plans are for improving our kickoff and punt return game.

 
At Fri Aug 03, 08:33:00 AM GMT+7, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Masorti appears to be equally equipped to play either right linebacker or right spur. While we know many questions remain unanswered until after August, all things being equal, where do the coaches feel his talents are best needed.

4th n Ten

 
At Fri Aug 03, 10:13:00 AM GMT+7, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Do you think this year will be Jordan Davis's Breakout year at running back, or shoudl we expect a more pass oriented offense this year?

 
At Fri Aug 03, 10:30:00 AM GMT+7, Anonymous Anonymous said...

1. Which 1st years have a chance to play? 2. How is he going to use both MA and Shane with a healthy CH? 3. How is he going to get MA on the field? 4. How is Jefferson handling the transition to DB? 5. The league does not have exceptional passers this year, but it does have some pretty good RBs. What adjustments if any will he be making to contain the running game?

 
At Fri Aug 03, 07:15:00 PM GMT+7, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Will there be any junior varsity games this season?

 
At Fri Aug 03, 07:55:00 PM GMT+7, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Will Musgrave be back?

 
At Fri Aug 03, 08:22:00 PM GMT+7, Blogger Jake said...

These are all great questions... I hope I have time to ask them without looking like a hog.

 
At Sun Aug 05, 10:03:00 PM GMT+7, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Here's a question to ask either at press day or on another occasion if that would elicit a longer answer:

Coach Wilson, you came to the Ivy League after playing and coaching for many years at the Division I level. Now that you have been an Ivy coach for one year, what do you like best about Ivy football and what would you most like to see changed?

Also, what aspect of your job has required the most adjustment compared to your previous job at UConn?

Leonidas

 

Post a Comment

<< Home