Friday, February 16, 2007

Je ne sais QB




With all the interest in rising sophomore quarterback Shane Kelly's decision to transfer from Temple to Columbia, I realize I haven't posted much at all about another QB recruit the Lions sewed up back in December.

His name is Paul Havas, (pictured above), and he's a Montreal native coming out of New Hampshire's St. Paul's School. I've also just been informed that today is his birthday. Anyway, his mom Amira was good enough to email me yesterday and provide me with some interesting links.

The first comes from St. Paul's and it lavishes praise on the young Canadian here: St. Paul's School.

And here is Paul's highlight video from YouTube: YouTube.





Did I get Someone in Trouble?

Let me make something clear: every recruit I've named here has been written about in another media publication or web site that I consider to be credible. I've also adequately SOURCED each of those publications by posting their links.

I see that today's Columbia Spectator is apologizing for the article it published about the recruits yesterday that I thought bore a striking resemblance to my own writings on this site. My "complaint" was meant to be a little tongue-in-cheek because I rely on the Spec for a lot of info too, and there just isn't that much info out there about the recruits to get too greedy. But the Spec editors are rightfully apologizing for not sourcing their info... which you just have to do at any level. In any event, I hope the editors came to this realization on their own and not after reading this blog.

*UPDATE*

A Spec editor has just contacted me to say my blog post yesterday was not the "tip" that prompted the correction/apology. I am relieved.

12 Comments:

At Fri Feb 16, 11:31:00 PM GMT+7, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Havas looks very good; what about his backfield mate Friedman, who also looks good?

 
At Fri Feb 16, 11:45:00 PM GMT+7, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Asia Sunset, in case who are snooping on this blog for people you and Bags can unhook, this is an early admit. Eat your heart out!

 
At Fri Feb 16, 11:56:00 PM GMT+7, Blogger Jake said...

I'll make some inquiries about Friedman.

Something tells me this blog is going to whip up some serious emotion about the Penn game at CU this fall. Let's hope we get a huge crowd and beat those Quakers.

 
At Sat Feb 17, 12:45:00 AM GMT+7, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Enjoyed watching the film of Paul Havas' senior highlights. I really like his mobility and athleticism. He seems to pass well on the run from either direction. I wonder how fast he is? Many thanks to the Havas family and you, Jake, for making the video available to Columbia football fans.

 
At Sat Feb 17, 01:00:00 AM GMT+7, Blogger Jake said...

Yes, I think his ability to avoid what looked like a lot of sure sacks was his best attribute in that video.

 
At Sat Feb 17, 01:39:00 AM GMT+7, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Penn is the team we love to hate, because their fans, coaches and some of their players consistently are so obnoxious. Penn suffers from a massive inferiority complex which manifests itself over and over again. Nothing is worse than sitting next to Penn fans at a basketball game, except perhaps reading the postings of the likes of Big Quakerman, for example. I would like to see a massive effort to pack the stands for the Penn game. One little tidbit: Joe Sandberg tried to transfer to Columbia because he so hated Penn; he actually went to Rutgers and was going to walk on. Unfortunately our admissions office would not accept him!

 
At Sat Feb 17, 01:40:00 AM GMT+7, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Mr. and Mrs. Havas, where is Friedman going to college (assuming he is a senior)? Is he as good as he looked on tape?

 
At Sat Feb 17, 06:02:00 AM GMT+7, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I talked to the parent of a current St. Paul's student and got rave reviews on Havas.

 
At Sat Feb 17, 09:51:00 PM GMT+7, Anonymous Anonymous said...

As a family friend I have watched Paul Havas over the past few years and am very impressed with with striong arm and obvious mobility

 
At Sun Feb 18, 12:20:00 AM GMT+7, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am worried that the Temple transfer was supposed to be confidential. I hope that we have a solid commitment and that Asia etc and the other stooges for Bags will try to unhook him.

 
At Mon Mar 05, 11:36:00 AM GMT+7, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Friedman is FANTASTIC!!
He is probably going to Canadian U.

 
At Sun Sep 23, 10:05:00 AM GMT+7, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Friendman is going to Mcgill

 

Post a Comment

<< Home