Wednesday, January 17, 2007

Passing the Time


So I'm looking at the calendar and I see we still have a whopping 241 days until the 2007 Ivy football season kicks off. We Ivy fans truly endure an epic offseason every year.

So, let's pass the time constructively by continuing the process of building the online community of Lions fans! I'd like to start that out with two different calls for the readers' input:



1) Show Us Your Baker Field Shots!

I love looking at pics of Baker Field and people enjoying their time at CU football games. I'd love to start a collection of these pictures and post them here. And of course this is another excuse for me to post the picture of my daughter Jordan with the cheerleaders.

I'd be especially grateful for pictures of the old Baker Field, which seem to be so scarce. Email your pictures to me novak.jake@gmail.com





2) Taking Nominations for Columbia Football's Player of the 70's, 80's, 90's and 00's (so far).

I'd like to single out the best Lion football players of the past 40 years with a nomination process and then an on-line discussion/poll for the best players of the last few decades. This is a great way to honor the players who may or may not have been properly credited by the Columbia Athletics Department's Hall of Fame.

I'll have my own nominations soon for each decade and post them here, but I want to hear from all of you. Spammers be damned, I've turned off the comment restrictions, so everyone can chime in anonymously.

I'm looking forward to hearing from you!

8 Comments:

At Thu Jan 18, 11:30:00 AM GMT+7, Anonymous Anonymous said...

70's: Don Jackson, Paul Kaliades and Jesse Parks
80's: Hands down John Witkowski, throw in Don Lewis
90's: Ugh, I've tried to blot out that whole decade of FB

 
At Thu Jan 18, 10:03:00 PM GMT+7, Anonymous Anonymous said...

90s--Wiley and Wilfork,Werthman

 
At Tue Jan 30, 12:49:00 PM GMT+7, Anonymous Anonymous said...

werthman and wilfork, wiley was and is over rated

 
At Tue Jan 30, 10:03:00 PM GMT+7, Blogger Jake said...

It's hard to overlook Wiley who was such a cog in the 8-2 '96 season. I'm not sure he deserves to be the 90's MVP alone, I might split my vote for him with Des Werthman for the decade.

 
At Tue Jan 30, 10:07:00 PM GMT+7, Blogger Jake said...

By the way, 494949... are you the #49 who's actuall in the running for this MVP award?

 
At Tue Feb 20, 01:26:00 AM GMT+7, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Paul Kaliades '73

 
At Thu Feb 22, 12:48:00 PM GMT+7, Anonymous Anonymous said...

jake...c'est moi
cliff montgomery was the best ever
witkowski was very good as well

 
At Thu Feb 22, 12:56:00 PM GMT+7, Anonymous Anonymous said...

ohfortuna@hotmail.com

 

Post a Comment

<< Home