Saturday, November 19, 2011

Week 10 Picks




No excuses... I had a rough week last week.


Here's the look back...


For Yale -10 1/2 at Princeton I wrote:


"Take Yale and lay the points."


Actual Final Score: Yale 33 Princeton 24


Straight Up 1-0, Against the Spread 0-1



For Dartmouth +17 at Brown I wrote:


"Brown win, by only by about 11 or so."


Actual Final Score: Dartmouth 21 Brown 16


SU 1-1, ATS 1-1



For Penn +13 at Harvard I wrote:


"I like the Crimson to eke out a win here."


Actual Final Score: Harvard 37 Penn 20


SU 2-1, ATS 1-2



OVERALL 2011 RECORD: 30-9 SU, 21-18 ATS.


With my Against the Spread record dubiously close to .500, here I go with my final picks of the year:



Penn -6 1/2 vs. Cornell

The Quakers won't let down on the final weekend. This will be a strong final game for the Penn seniors. Lay the points.



Princeton +18 1/2 at Dartmouth

I like the Green to win by two scores, not three. But Princeton sure doesn't get as much out of freshman running back Chuck DiBillio as they should. Any other Ivy team with a consistent 100 yard rusher would at least control the clock a bit better.



Yale +14 1/2 at Harvard


Lots of added drama for The Game this year. Patrick Witt and Collier Winters in their last games against each other. Witt starting and presumably missing out on his chance for a Rhodes Scholarship interview. And Eli Head Coach Tom Williams in deep trouble for possibly lying on his resume. Elis lose, but keep it close.

1 Comments:

At Sat Nov 19, 10:52:00 PM GMT+7, Blogger Gym Ratt said...

First, thanks once again Jake for the time and the insight you have given us each week. Too bad the Lions just couldn't put it together this season.

I like Yale + 14 1/2. I think the coaching controversy will inspire the team to keep it close.

I too like Penn - 6 1/2

DC - 18 1/2 over Princeton


and

Columbia + 20 1/2 over Brown.

See you next year.

GO LIONS!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home