Friday, September 30, 2011

Week 3 Picks




I had a rough week two, but I'm still on the plus side against the spread and I am ready to shake things off for week 3.

Before that, let's get the details on that subpar second week.


For Harvard +3 vs. Brown I wrote:

"If it weren't for the rain, I'd be picking Brown tonight. But the Bears have had problems in rougher weather in the past. I think the Crimson win outright, so take Harvard and the points."


Actual Final Score: Harvard 24 Brown 7

1-0 Straight Up, 1-0 Against the Spread.


For Cornell +12 1/2 at Yale I wrote:


"I say Yale will win, but not by more than 10 points."


Actual Final Score: Yale 37 Cornell 17

2-0 SU, 1-1 ATS


For Bucknell +5 1/2 at Princeton I wrote:


"The Tigers will play well enough to squeak out a win over the Bison. Look for Princeton to win by three or four. Take the points."


Actual Final Score: Bucknell 34 Princeton 9.

2-1 SU, 2-1 ATS


For Penn +5 vs. Villanova I wrote:


"I say Penn wins the game outright. Take the points."

Actual Final Score: Villanova 30 Penn 21

2-2 SU, 2-2 ATS.


For Dartmouth -20 at Sacred Heart I wrote:

"Sacred Heart is just not good at all. Take Dartmouth to win and lay the points."

Actual Final Score: Sacred Heart 24 Dartmouth 21

2-3 SU, 2-3 ATS.


OVERALL 2011 RECORD: 6-6 SU, 7-5 ATS.


Now for this week's picks:


Cornell -1 1/2 over Wagner

I know Wagner destroyed the Big Red last year, but this game is in Ithaca and I think Cornell will be a strong home team this year.


Yale +10 1/2 at Lehigh

The Mountainhawks have been playing everyone a little closer than they should so far this year. I still say Lehigh wins, but the Elis will give them a run for their money.


Lafayette +6 over Harvard

I expect the Crimson to just barely win this game. The Leopards are improving and I don't think Harvard is going to be strong on the road this season.


Brown +3 over Rhode Island

The Bears will bounce back and beat URI in the annual Governor's Cup game. It'll be a big night under the lights at Brown Stadium.


Penn over Dartmouth (pick 'em game)

This is a very difficult game to pick, but Penn is very hungry coming into this contest at 0-2 and Dartmouth is dealing with a QB crisis after that shocking loss to Sacred Heart.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home