Friday, October 15, 2010

Week 5 Picks


If I were actually betting money on these games, I would have a very good reason to be angry after last weekend’s games.

Secret injury information, that really should not have been secret, would have altered my picks significantly in more than one game.

But no sour grapes here, I will take my lumps.

Here’s how I did:


Cornell +23 at Harvard


Jake Said: “Take Harvard and lay the points.”

Result: Harvard won the game, but didn’t cover. No way would I have given 23 points if I had known Andrew Hatch was sitting out the game. But what can I do? 1-0 overall, 0-1 Against the Spread.


Yale -2 at Dartmouth


Jake Said: “(this) really looks like a game the Big Green can win. Take Dartmouth and the points.”

Result: No injury excuses here. Dartmouth just didn’t get it done and lost by 3. 1-1, 0-2 ATS


Brown -6 at Holy Cross


Jake Said: “Brown should win this one by more than 6.”

Result: Thanks Brown, for not telling anyone that you knew starting QB Kyle Newhall Caballero was OUT FOR THE SEASON and you knew it by last Monday! Thus, Holy Cross won. 1-2 0-3 ATS


Colgate -5 ½ at Princeton


Jake Said: “The Tigers are going to have a tough day. Take the Raiders and give the points.”

Result: Colgate won by 34. 2-2, 1-3 ATS


Penn -18 ½ at Bucknell


Jake Said: “The Quakers will roll by 3 TD’s… lay the points.”

Result: Penn won by 3 TD’s. 3-2, 2-3 ATS.


So, I’m steamed the B.S. from Harvard and Brown cost me two ATS wins, but I am still 15-8 overall and 16-7 against the spread.

Okay, I’m over it. On to this week…


Fordham +7 at Yale

I am still not sold on Yale and I like Fordham to play Dr. Jekyl this week in the Rams ongoing Jekly and Hyde season. I think Fordham wins this game outright.


Lehigh +11 ½ at Harvard

Who knows who will play QB for Harvard this Saturday? Don’t expect a straight answer from the coaches. Anywho… I think the Crimson win and cover the spread too if Andrew Hatch starts and I’m just guessing he will.


Colgate -15 ½ at Cornell

Cornell is improving, but the Raiders win this by 17.


Brown -14 at Princeton

Brown seems really down emotionally right now… but Princeton is also morose. Take the Bears and lay the points.


Holy Cross +4 ½ at Dartmouth

I like the Big Green to win this game, but not to cover the spread.

3 Comments:

At Fri Oct 15, 10:31:00 PM GMT+7, Blogger Gym Ratt said...

Tough week on picking the Ivy. I hate giving more than 2 touchdowns but I see no alternative this week.

I'm taking:

Fordham + 7 over Yale

Columbia +6 1/2 over Penn

Holy Cross +4 1/2 over DC

Colgate -15 1/2 over Cornell

Brown -14 over Princeton

Harvard - 11 1/2 over Lehigh


I don't feel too good about the Harvard pick. Lehigh has been good/bad all season and I wonder which team will show up this Saturday.

My record so far 23-3 ATS

 
At Sat Oct 16, 02:18:00 AM GMT+7, Anonymous Anonymous said...

A record of 23-3 against the spread is extraordinary. And I thought that Jake was doing well with HIS picks.

My own record to date this season is 26-0. I will reveal all my picks at the end of the year, athough I've got a pretty good feeling that my eventual record will be in the neighborhood of 100-0.

 
At Mon Oct 18, 02:04:00 AM GMT+7, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Gym Ratt,

I'll help you with the math. This week, you were 2-4 against the spread.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home