Tuesday, March 30, 2010

The Brighter Side of the Coin


Despite my rant last week about some local groups' unfair opposition to Columbia and Columbia athletics, I'm happy to say a lot of people and businesses in Upper Manhattan are solidly in our corner.

And that brings me to trumpeting the news that local restaurant Rack and Soul is sponsoring this year's spring football game on April 23rd at 7pm.

In addition to the great support from local business, I like the upgrade the spring game is getting. I hope we getmore alumni, students, and just regular fans out to the game.

3 Comments:

At Tue Mar 30, 10:28:00 PM GMT+7, Blogger dabull said...

I hope Lion fans living in the area try and patronize the businesses that care enough to help our athletics. Whenever I visit I will certainly try and do so.

 
At Wed Mar 31, 10:10:00 PM GMT+7, Anonymous Anonymous said...

It's nice to see this type of community support.

Haven't been there yet, but, might try it when I am in town for the spring game. The following is the link to it on Zagat.

http://www.zagat.com/Verticals/PropertyDetails.aspx?VID=8&R=106538

Any comments form current / former students?

 
At Thu Apr 01, 12:56:00 AM GMT+7, Anonymous Anonymous said...

During BB season, season ticket holders were treated to a meal before Ivy games and Rack and Soul provided the food twice. It was outstanding.
-Dr.V

 

Post a Comment

<< Home