Saturday, October 17, 2009

Weather Reprieve?


I'm probably being too optimistic about the weather, but here it is almost 7:30 on Long Island and I even see breaks in the clouds!

I doubt it'll be the most perfect day, but I think we may avoid the worst weather predictions for this Homecoming day.


That's us! (CREDIT:Columbia Athletics/Gene Boyers)


Please make every effort to come out to this crucial game against the Penn Quakers, but if you can't do it sign up for the SideLion Pass and listen to Jerry Recco and ME call the game. (okay, now I have time to copyedit).

The pregame show begins at 1pm.

2 Comments:

At Sat Oct 17, 10:52:00 PM GMT+7, Anonymous Anonymous said...

A million thanks for all you do for Columbia football...but once again, object of a preposition:

"Listen to Jerry and ME"..not I.

You wouldn't say "Listen to I." It makes no difference if you have two objects or 200 instead of a single object.

 
At Sun Oct 18, 07:25:00 AM GMT+7, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I've also attempted to enlighten Jake on that point, but he chooses to ignore efforts to get him to write like an Ivy Leaguer. Maybe he just enjoys being a contrarian.

There are many who make that error, thinking "Listen to Jerry (or anyone) and I" must be right because they think it sounds more "sophisticated." They have plenty of misspeakers to emulate on TV, especially in the sports world.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home