Saturday Night Lights
The Lions will take on the Leopards under the lights once again
We now have the game times for all but one of our 10 games for 2009. You can see them here.
1) I'm sure all these times are subject to change, but you knew that already. I'm not sure yet whether the VERSUS or YES networks will change any of the listed start times for their coverage, but that can happen and we should find that out sometime before September.
2) After no night games last season, it looks like the Lions will have at least two in 2009. The road games against Fordham and Lafayette on the road are both slated for 6pm.
3) Just like it was in 2007 at this point in the offseason, we still don't have a start time for the week 3 Ivy League opener at Princeton Stadium. That game ended up being a 3pm start time. In the past, the Tigers have also made the Columbia game a nighttime contest as they did in 2001 and 2003.
The weird thing about the game this time is Princeton will be starting a short week that day as they play Colgate also at home the following Thursday on ESPNU at 7pm.
Will the Tigers try to make the Lions game an early start to maximize their already abbreviated time off?
Will they try a night game to get used to the lights before they make their 2009 national night time TV debut.
Will Ross and Rachel ever get married?
Will they ever explain what the Hell is going on on that show Lost?
4) All in all, this seems like a pretty convenient schedule for the fans. The Fordham season opener, (at Fordham), starts at 6pm, making it possible for a lot of people to observe the first day of Rosh Hashanah without missing the game.
5) The 12:30 start times for 4 of the 5 home games, and two other road games make it possible for people to see the game and then enjoy a nice free Saturday evening on the town or at home.
6) The 1:30 start time for Homecoming will again allow people to enjoy the pre-game festivities and still catch the game.
I'll keep an eye open for any time changes prompted by TV coverage.