Tuesday, April 07, 2009


I'll be seeing you... a bit later


It's hard to believe we're already about halfway through spring practice.

It'll also be hard for many of you to believe that I won't be able to attend the spring game... again.

The schedule change, (the game is still on April 18th, but now at 9:30am), conflicts with a very important event for me:

My daughter Jordan's FIRST EVER TEE BALL GAME!!

No way I'm missing that as she is so excited to get out there and play.

I am really sorry to miss the important scrimmage for the second year in a row, but have you seen my girls?



I will welcome appropriate comments about the game from those who can attend, and there will of course be a summary from the official athletics web site.

I wish I could clone myself someday. Until then, I belong to my girls.

6 Comments:

At Tue Apr 07, 08:05:00 AM GMT+7, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Family first Jake - they deserve it! Should be an interesting scrimmage - looks like Ivery might be an impact at RB.

regards Lion Rooter

 
At Tue Apr 07, 08:07:00 PM GMT+7, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Even true hardcores will tell you those once in a life time family events come first. I have missed some major sporting events over the years to be at my kids football, soccer or basketball games. No regrets. Besides your daughters game will by far be much more fun. I just hope for you and your daughters sake that this will be one of those rare occasions that we have nice weather on game day.

 
At Tue Apr 07, 08:52:00 PM GMT+7, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Your daughters are gorgeous. Thank G-d they must look like their mother. Ok, just a joke. But they are beautfiful and this is a really nice picture.

 
At Tue Apr 07, 10:18:00 PM GMT+7, Blogger cathar said...

While I think there should be absolutely no wavering over the correct decision that the tee ball game takes precedence, I knew an Alabama football fan who showed up late at his own son's wedding reception. And another Clemson nut who missed the funeral of his best friend since high school for a road game. (He reasoned that the friend "would understand.")

Really, it takes all kinds, to my own great surprise.

 
At Wed Apr 08, 12:52:00 AM GMT+7, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well, there is a sports joke as well. A Man was at a big football game and he saw a guy with a seat - empty - right beside him. He asked "why is the seat empty" - and the guy said, "for 20 years my wife sat there." So the man asked "why did you not ask a friend to go..." and the guy said " they are all at the funeral." Har!

 
At Wed Apr 08, 03:20:00 AM GMT+7, Blogger cathar said...

That's a pretty good joke, "Anonymous."

But can I ask why posts are listed as posted in 'Pacific Daylight Time?' Certainly this is not a time zone with much relevance to the internal operations of any part of Columbia University.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home