Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Towing the Line UPDATE


Ed Argast (CREDIT: Columbia Athletics)


Just after I finished my brief overview of the offensive line yesterday, Columbia officially announced the hiring of Ed Argast as the new offensive line coach.

I am very, very excited about this hire. Argast has a ton of experience in the Patriot League and his last two jobs were at the two schools that kick off Columbia's 2009 schedule, (Fordham and Central Connecticut).

I also like seeing someone over the age of 45 helping to round out our younger staff. Coaching staffs from college to the pros are really skewing younger these days, and I'm not sure why.

As the officials release says, Argast was the architect of Fordham's impressive offensive improvements on the way to grabbing the 2007 Patriot League title. Those numbers dropped down a bit last year, but the offense was still impressive overall.

1 Comments:

At Wed Mar 18, 09:04:00 PM GMT+7, Anonymous Anonymous said...

This sounds like a good hire. I like the fact that he's a Colgate guy.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home