Saturday, February 07, 2009

Stuck in the Box


Xander Frantz is in the middle, Steve Grassa is to his left

It looks like I'll be stuck in the jury box at least through Tuesday, but let me take some time this weekend for a few updates.

I have not heard any new names of incoming recruits since last week. If I see something published somewhere reputable, I will pass it on.

We do, however, have a little more info on some of the recruits we already knew about. Thanks to some of my readers for the following links:

A short bit on incoming wide receiver Price Pinkerton from the Tulsa World, (it's good to have an Oklahoman coming to CU. I was born in Oklahoma City myself. Okay, we moved when I was two... but I have some Sooner left in me).

What the article about Pinkerton doesn't say is that his high school, Cascia Hall has sent two more players to the Ivies, both to Dartmouth. They are O-lineman Danny Husband and QB Sam Clancy. It's always interesting when one high school has multiple Ivy recruits from the same year. These former teammates may be squaring off against each other sooner than they think.

Speaking of schools wih more than one Ivy recruit, Browne, Buckingham and Noble is sending four players from the class of '09, two to Columbia in Stephen Grassa and Xander Frantz. (QB Mike DiChiara is attending Cornell and kicker Philippe Panico is going to Yale).

This more in-depth piece about incoming defensive end Ian Hillman, talks about where Hillman wants to go as far as his weight and speed.

3 Comments:

At Sun Feb 08, 11:18:00 PM GMT+7, Blogger DOC said...

Its great to see more of the incoming scholar-athletes citing NY City as a strong selling point as far as attending Columbia. This remains (as well it should) a huge recruiting advantage for us. Im sure
that success here will continue to breed success, as students return to their respective high schools, speaking to underclassmen and ex teammates about the great experience of studying in New York.

 
At Mon Feb 09, 10:36:00 PM GMT+7, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I like Hillman's attitude. He sounds like a really good addition to the team.

 
At Wed Feb 11, 01:41:00 AM GMT+7, Anonymous Anonymous said...

"Browne, Buckingham and Noble" should be
"Buckingham Browne & Nichols" a.k.a. BB&N

 

Post a Comment

<< Home